Prom Tips for Teens
Prom night is one of the most anticipated nights on the teen calendar. A chauffeured transportation ride to the big event can make it a very special occasion and really transform the evening into an extraordinarily memorable and enchanting time.
But not all transportation companies are created equal. In fact, chartering a vehicle from a poor quality company can ruin the entire night. This is why the experts at the National Limousine Association have a few tips on chartering professional and reliable chauffeured transportation:
1. Talk to your friends early. The demand for transportation during the spring season can be overwhelming when so many others are chartering vehicles for proms, graduations, and weddings. Talk to your friends early and decide who will be in your transportation group, so that you can book your reservations and get the vehicle you want.
2. Show up in style. A unique chauffeured car will definitely set you apart from the rest. There are many styles available such as stretch limos with special interiors, luxurious sedans and party buses. Depending on the number of people you will have in the car, you may want a certain make or model. Choose something that suits your mood and shows you off. Consult the membership database on www.nlaride.com to get a list of all the transportation professionals in your area, so you can check out what types of vehicles are available.
3. Allow time to take lots of photographs. You’re definitely going want some photos, so plan for everyone to meet up for pre-prom at one location (make sure the transportation company and the chauffeur have the address and directions). This will eliminate wasting time that can be used for taking pictures and enjoying your friends. You can even ask the chauffeur to position the vehicle to be a part of the shot(s).
4. Ask about the perks. Some companies provide food, beverages, and tunes for the ride over to the party. Ask in advance about the amenities and music that are available.
5. Extend the night. Don’t forget that there almost always is a post-prom party. Remember to book your ride for a few extra hours to ensure you have time to have a great time. Most importantly, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Prom Tips for Parents
Prom night is one of the most anticipated nights on the teen calendar. Every moment needs to count towards making the night both safe and special. Though you may worry about your child staying out late on prom night, hiring a chauffeured car for the most important social event of the year can transform the evening into an extraordinarily memorable, safe and enchanting time for your teenager. And it can offer you the peace of mind to make it through!
The National Limousine Association provides these five tips when you hire a transportation service for your teenager’s big night:
1. Ask the transportation company for the Prom Promise. This is a document that teens sign in agreement to not drink or take drugs on prom night. Many limousine and chauffeured transportation companies offer this contract as a way for parents to discuss the importance of safety on prom with their teens.
2. Give the transportation company a curfew. That’s right; the chauffeur will abide by any rules you set forth, and will make sure to pick up and drop off your kids at a designated hour. This is a great way to ensure your kids make it home on time – no excuses.
3. Check with industry associations to make sure the company you choose is reputable. Membership in organizations such as the National Limousine Association and state/regional livery association(s) is a good indication that your service provider does their due diligence. For sure, see the membership database on www.nlaride.com which lists limousine professionals by location. Consumers can compare services, pricing, vehicle availability and also receive non-binding online price quotes.
4. Set some ground rules. As the parent, you have the right to tell the chauffeured transportation company what will and will not be tolerated in the vehicle. For example, you can ask that the chauffeur keep the privacy screen down for the entire ride. If any of your rules are broken, the chauffeur can turn the car around and bring your kids home.
5. Remember to sit back and relax. A reputable company hires chauffeurs with proper training and licensing. These chauffeurs are used to transporting excited passengers all day long, so they know how to keep things under control.